Re: [News] Firefox is Winning Much Bigger Share and Firefox 3.6 Features Discussed

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Firefox nearly overtakes Internet Explorer in Germany
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Firefox, the open-source web browser, is close to overtaking the rival
> | Microsoft product, Internet Explorer, in Germany, but Firefox still lags
> | well behind in the rest of the world, according to market data Monday.
> | The disclosure comes just days after Microsoft said it would respond to
> | an EU desire to open up competition among browsers by offering its
> | forthcoming operating system, Windows 7, in the European Union without a
> | browser pre-installed.
> `----
>
> http://www.earthtimes.org/articles
show/273248,firefox-nearly-overtakes-internet-explorer-in-germany.html

Firefox speed on Linux is just astonishing.
On a dual core with 9.04 Ubuntu, its just single click and sub second
response for everything - even when you got dozens of 1600x1200 and
larger images. (I keep all my documentation in HTML using Seamonkey
as the editor.) A very nice feature I discovered today if if you
click and drag an oversized image, it will shrink to manageable size
to view the whole thing. Also if you click on a large image so that it
brings that up, then when it first goes to that file it displays it
in a manageable size and then when you click on the area of interest
it goes to full resolution. Very handy when you have thousands of detailed
electronics PCB images and electronics diagrams and want to zoom in on some
detail for investigation.