[News] Google Wave Shows Promise for Free Software on Fog Computing

Will Google Wave revolutionise free software collaboration?

,----[ Quote ]
| If you haven’t heard yet, Google have released a developer preview of their
| new social networking and collaboration tool - Wave. What impact might this
| have on free software users and developers?
|
| Wave is what Google call a “a new tool for communication and collaboration on
| the web”. Think of it as a cross between e-mail, social networking, IM, IRC
| and Twitter. It not only gives (or to be fair will give) ways to communicate
| but gives instant feedback to other participants. Using the basis of a wave
| as a conversation, it allows others in your conversation to see what you are
| writing in real-time, as you write it. No more having to wait while your IM
| buddy finishes her message. Wave also allows — in the same tool — bulletin
| board-style messaging for participants to follow when they log back in. It
| has nice features which permit you to respond to different parts of a message
| in-line and in-context. New participants can be brought in at any time and
| not only get the full history of the “wave” but can “playback” the wave as it
| happened, seeing who wrote what when and in chronological order.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/will_google_wave_revolutionise_free_software_collaboration

I am in Love with Flowplayer!

,----[ Quote ]
| I don’t think I’ve ever been giddy over a video player until I meant my new
| crush, Flow. On top of being awesome (which I’ll get into in just a sec) it
| is an open source project with a GPL 3 license.  They also offer a few
| flavors of a commercial license that let you fully brand the player, and of
| course, support them with some cash.
`----

http://bin-false.org/?p=245

Recent:

Cloud computing and open source face-off

,----[ Quote ]
| And Linux will make IBM money when used in cloud-based products which are
| metered to customers, often by the hour. One big reason that open source will
| help fuel the rise of cloud computing, while often becoming second fiddle to
| platforms in the cloud, is that software is only a component of a computing
| environment, albeit an expensive one and cloud economics almost always favor
| the incorporation of open source products. However, something that open
| source has only been partially successful at incorporating as a value creator
| (essentially, only the cost of development) is what IBM’s Sutor clearly
| stated: economies of scale.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Hinchcliffe/?p=543

Google Wave Extensions: An Inside Look

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s undeniable: Google Wave has captured the imagination of techies, social
| media enthusiasts, and web users everywhere. Its combination of email,
| real-time chat, wiki tools, and social networking have generated an
| incredible amount of buzz.
`----

http://mashable.com/2009/06/11/google-wave-extensions/

15 Cool Google Chrome Wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| We've seen plenty of awesome Firefox wallpapers here before, and I know some
| of you out there loved it. But since everybody's talking about Google Chrome
| web browser, I decided to collect some cool and interesting Chrome wallpapers
| which users and fans have created. So without any more delay, here they are:
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/06/15-cool-google-chrome-wallpapers.html

Google Wave in Research - the slightly more sober view - Part I - Papers

http://blog.openwetware.org/scienceintheopen/2009/06/08/google-wave-in-research-the-slightly-more-sober-view-part-i-papers/

Google Wave in Research - Part II - The Lab Record

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.openwetware.org/scienceintheopen/2009/06/08/google-wave-in-research-part-ii-the-lab-record/

`----