[News] Free Software Continues Invading the Mainstream

How Open Source Can Beat the Status Quo

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source cannot change the status quo on its own, and of itself. This has
| become entirely clear now, after 10 years of hype leading to effectively the
| exact same situation as when we started. No, open source needs to be combined
| with something else, and that's usually a technology. That technology can be
| the Web, in the case of Mozilla, or a hardware platform, in the case of the
| recent netbook revolution.
|
| Below I look at some of the biggest challenges to the current computing
| status quo. In each and every case, open source is playing a part. It's only
| now, around ten years after the open source revolution was supposed to have
| begun, that we're actually seeing things really begin to happen.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/166551/how_open_source_can_beat_the_status_quo.html

IFRA using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| IFRA, the world's leading association for newspaper and media publishing,
| knows how to set an example: they are switching their websites to Drupal.
`----

http://buytaert.net/ifra-using-drupal

Recent:

A Reminder That Asstroturfing Exists