[News] [Rival] Anti-Google Whisper Campaign Launched by Microsoft

What An Anti-Google Whisper Campaign Looks Like

,----[ Quote ]
| For example, over the weekend we got an email from Will Rodger of LMG Inc, a
| Washington-based public affairs firm that is known to work with Microsoft and
| specializes in "next-generation services such as viral and online campaigns."
|
| The email pointed out a total of three Googlers have been poached by the
| Obama administration. It read:
| "This looks like a full embrace of Google by the White House.  We do not
| remember a time when one company had so many executives leave to serve a
| single administration. Others may have a better handle on the history."
`----

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/What-An-AntiGoogle-Whisper-siliconalley-15415021.html?.v=5

Another reason for Microsoft embargo. This is a criminal company.

Recent:

Rob Weir Exposes an Anti-ODF Whisper Campaign

,----[ Quote ]
| Alex Brown, the convenor of the OOXML BRM, has been editing Wikipedia's
| article on ODF. That strikes me odd, like finding out Steve Jobs had been
| editing the Microsoft Zune page. Some things are simply inappropriate. It
| puzzles me why Wikipedia allows it, frankly.
|
| If you read the talk page on ODF, you'll see that there are others there
| trying mightily to spin the article on ODF more negatively than is factual.
| And such rudeness! Plenty of smears against Groklaw too, I couldn't help but
| notice. It does seem to me that there is a marked increase in what I view as
| a concerted submarine marketing effort. Some of it is subtle. Most of it is
| not. A fair measure of it is mean-spirited. Some of it is lies, pure and
| simple.
|
| In the good old days, dead people supported Microsoft, if you remember that
| funny headline about a pro-Microsoft astroturfing campaign, but at least it
| wasn't a smear campaign, just pro-Microsoft. Nowadays, I think I would have
| to rewrite the headline to read, "Mean People Support Microsoft." Or worse.
| You see, Groklaw has been visited recently by several OOXML types, including
| Alex Brown, Doug Mahue of Microsoft, and Rick Jelliffe, all singing pretty
| much the same songs, posting on our ODF articles, so I got to watch it close
| up. I puzzled over it, because they seemed so deliberately rude.

ODF Lies and Whispers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.robweir.com/blog/2009/06/odf-lies-and-whispers.html