[News] Nettop with GNU/Linux Received Good Reviews

Ion-based Linux nettop soars in review

,----[ Quote ]
| The nettop also provides VGA, DVI, and HDMI video ports, a gigabit Ethernet
| port, and audio and PS/2 connections, says ZaReason. A variety of Ubuntu 9.04
| Linux distros, detailed in the table below, are available pre-installed.

Moblin on the Nettop - First Steps

,----[ Quote ]
| The desktop and menus are significantly different than any of the "typical"
| Linux distributions, such as Ubuntu, Mandriva, Fedora or openSuSE. I don't
| even find them to be much like the Ubuntu Netbook Remix - if anything, my
| first impression of the desktop is better than it was with UNR, I find it to
| be less cluttered and more intuitive.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10012912o-2000498448b,00.htm?new_comment

DIY Dual Atom Nettop System

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow! It booted right up! Ubuntu saw all the hardware just fine, and even
| reported the CPU as a Quad-Atom system! Intel says that the hyperthreading in
| the Atom causes the Dual CPU to appear as four processors, so that is normal.
| I went ahead and installed Ubuntu, and was finished with that in 15 minutes,
| as usual. Boot the installed system, do my normal configuration and package
| installations, and it looks very, very good. Programs start and run quickly,
| including Firefox, Thunderbird and OpenOffice.org.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10012892o-2000498448b,00.htm

Acer Ubuntu nettop to get quiet storage switch

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer's Nvidia Ion-based micro desktop PC, Revo, will go on sale in the UK on
| 5 May, with Ubuntu Linux among the available operating systems.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/04/24/acer_revo_storage_switch/

Shuttle offer now Power-saving Nettop with SUSE Linux Operating System

,----[ Quote ]
| Expansion with program packages is possible at any time by a
| 1-Click-Installation from the openSUSE website to meet individual
| requirements. “The resource-saving requirements of Linux are ideal for
| Nettops.”, said Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer
| Handels GmbH.
`----

http://www.hitechreview.com/tv/shuttle-offer-now-power-saving-nettop-with-suse-linux-operating-system/7940/

All-in-one Nettops resurrecting desktop market

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10217384-1.html