[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux is Better Than Vista, But Far from Only Viable Distro

is ubuntu superior?

,----[ Quote ]
| Due to the agreement between our Education Department and Microsoft I work in
| a Microsoft centric environment. So when our network manager recently became
| very enthusiastic about the latest Ubuntu release (9.04), I asked him to
| spell it out. This is what he said:
|
| Ubuntu is better than Windows (eg. Vista) as follows:
|
|     * managing memory
|     * easier to install virtual box, for testing multiple OS environments
`----

http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2009/06/is-ubuntu-superior.html

Editor's Note: Ubuntu Is Not Our Savior

,----[ Quote ]
| Let's also remember non-Linux FOSS operating systems such as FreeBSD, NetBSD,
| and OpenBSD. From these also come herds of wonderful things such as routers,
| firewalls, drivers, network stacks, and stout high-demand servers. (Take a
| look at the top servers on Netcraft.)
|
| We don't need a savior. Saviors make us weak. "The most terrible thing to
| befall a people is a hero." We need a strong, diverse community chock-full of
| smart people creating interesting things. Here's to creative chaos, and all
| the good things it brings us.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-06-13-005-35-OS-CY

Recent:

Is there only one choice for the Linux newcomer?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/is-there-only-one-choice-for-the-linux-newcomer/