[News] Myths Against GNU/Linux Don't Stack Up

Anti-Linux Perspectives and How You Could Deal with Them

,----[ Quote ]
| For the last one: Being a Linux user is not like getting into a religion or
| cult. It might feel like it to some who hear so many talks about the
| philosophy of Linux and free and open source software. Maybe it’s time to
| balance it out by showing how the community interacts. If you’re active in
| the Linux community maybe you could introduce your friend/colleague to other
| Linux users locally just so your friend knows who else are using Linux and
| what they think about it personally. It’s not just all about the intellectual
| stuff, after all.
`----

http://www.everyjoe.com/newlinuxuser/anti-linux-perspectives-and-how-you-could-deal-with-them/

Recent:

Linux Myth: No Simple, Easy Database Software

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenOffice.org Base is just this sort of software. I have recently
| been “playing” with the OpenOffice.org Base software on my GNU/Linux desktop
| PC and have found it very easy to get started with. In fact, I have created
| some test databases, deleted them and started over a few times to get
| familiar with the basics of Base. My experience just using trial and error
| has shown me that Base is simple and easy for a database novice like myself.
| I am so confident it is simple and easy I have made a video of my creation of
| a database to store information about my CD collection. See the bottom of
| this article to download the video.
`----

http://blog.eracc.com/2009/05/21/linux-myth-no-simple-easy-database-software/

The Myth of the Freeloading User