Re: What if micoshaft left EU today?!!

Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
> What if micoshaft left EU today?!! ----------------------------------
>

> Good riddance.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bye Bye.

I think few would shed any tears at the loss of those gangsters ...
except possibly their partners in crime.

> But seriously, it would mean tens of thousands of new companies would
> be set up to take over micoshaft status quo and at least several
> hundred thousand jobs.

We'd enjoy a new Golden Age of computing, filled with exciting new
developments no longer inhibited by Microsoft's repressive reign of
terror. Diversity and choice would finally be allowed to blossom again.

> And Linux would be at the front of it leading the charge.

Possibly, but by that stage, would it really matter? The biggest threat
to our software Freedom would have been eliminated, and the balance of
fair practise and equal opportunities restored. We need to achieve
parity, not domination ... which is always bad, regardless of /what/ is
dominating. Hence the problem with Microsoft, and the fallacy of Linux
pursuing "market share".

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 02:01:49 up 15 days,  5:59,  3 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.04, 0.02