[News] Mozilla Introduces Add-on Collections

Mozilla Add-on Collections for Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has announced the release of Add-on Collections, groups of add-ons
| that all relate to a particular topic.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/140249

Introducing Add-on Collections

,----[ Quote ]
| The ability to completely customize your browser with thousands of add-ons is
| one of the best features of Firefox, and highlights the talent, dedication,
| and innovation of our great community. With thousands of add-ons and close to
| 1.5 billion downloads, Mozilla has been working hard this year to provide a
| great experience for both add-on users and developers.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2009/06/10/introducing-add-on-collections/

Mozilla Introduces Add-on Collections

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2009/06/10/mozilla-introduces-add-on-collections/

Battleground Firefox: The Extension Wars

,----[ Quote ]
| As was recently demonstrated by Microsoft, Iwin Games and a number of other
| companies, anybody can install an extension into Firefox, and those
| extensions are not limited in what they can do.
|
| Now this really isn't a knock against Firefox. The extensions system is a
| dream come true. However, in it's current form it's also a timebomb waiting
| to happen. All you need is one creative virus maker, or malicious
| corporation, and boom! Firefox ceases to be the secure juggernaut it is and
| becomes the prostitute of whomever wants to take it over.
|
| As Microsoft's .Net extension proves, it's not that hard to use the
| extensions system to take Firefox and turn it into the same kind of virus
| magnet that Internet Explorer is, only much worse. Now I'm not saying we need
| to abandon Firefox, but rather that two key things need to happen.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/battleground_firefox_the_extension_wars

Recent:

Personas Reaches 5 Million Downloads!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mozilla Labs team has announced that in only ten short weeks since the
| Personas launch, the Personas community has welcomed more than 5 million
| downloads! The downloads have been worldwide, with approximately 60% of them
| coming from outside of the United States. The community has welcomed more
| than 13,000 designs from nearly 9,000 artists.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2009/06/05/personas-reaches-5-million-downloads/

Mozilla to Let Enterprises Build Custom Firefox Browsers

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla is readying a program that will allow companies to build their own
| customized browsers based on the next version of Firefox, which will be out
| in a few weeks.
`----

http://www.cio.com/article/494543/Mozilla_to_Let_Enterprises_Build_Custom_Firefox_Browsers

Firefox 3.5 Preview now available for beta users

,----[ Quote ]
| Please note: This Firefox 3.5 Preview is intended for developer testing and
| community feedback. We recommend that most users wait for the official
| Firefox 3.5 release, which is coming soon.
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2009/06/08/firefox-35-preview-now-available-for-beta-users/

Toronto students behind Firefox browser's amazing overhaul

,----[ Quote ]
| Students from Toronto's Seneca College have made a stellar contribution to
| Firefox's 3.5 release candidate, overhauling the infrastructure and
| localizing the browser to many different languages. The win-win partnership
| between Seneca and Mozilla has led to huge improvements in the firm's
| software, and jobs for Seneca graduates.
`----

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/news.asp?id=53447

Firefox 3.5: How Soon and How Big a Deal?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3823661/