[News] More Free Software Events Are Coming

Blog Your Way to OSCON

,----[ Quote ]
| Ultimately, our development team will be putting a spam-removal system in
| where spam should not get through at all, and if it does, volunteer
| moderators will be able to remove it and block the offending spammer
| regardless of the time of day. This system will also be put in place for the
| direct messaging system and the forums, too.
`----

http://linux.com/news/featured-blogs/168-brian-proffitt/18397-blog-your-way-to-oscon

OpenSource World Offering Free Admission

,----[ Quote ]
| Organizers of the upcoming OpenSource World conference broadened the event
| program and are offering free admission, hoping to attract more attendees in
| a time of slashed travel budgets and increased competition from similar
| shows.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/166523/opensource_world_offering_free_admission.html

Recent:

Grid solutions track at Linux Days, 5 June, Geneva, Switzerland

,----[ Quote ]
| Can grid technology give your company a competitive advantage? The Grid
| Solutions Track organized by the EGEE Business Forum, 5 June 2009, during
| LinuxDays 2009 is designed to illustrate how IT strategists from both the
| private and public sectors can benefit by adopting grid computing.
|
| “EGEE is now in a position to take a variety of solutions to the market
| through several commercial companies offering gLite based solutions,” says
| Steven Newhouse, Technical Director of EGEE. “This ‘Grid Solutions’ track is
| a prime opportunity to showcase what EGEE and gLite has to offer.”
`----

http://www.isgtw.org/?pid=1001831

SouthEast LinuxFest: Be There

,----[ Quote ]