[News] Fedora 11 Screenshots, Benchmarks

Fedora 11 Is Here [with Screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
| After a two-week delay, the Fedora Project team finally announced, two
| minutes ago, the release of Fedora 11, also known as Leonidas. The multitude
| of new features and improvements in this new version made the waiting time
| seem even longer, especially for dedicated fans. Well, at least the buzz from
| Ubuntu and Mandriva is slowly fading away, so Linux users can concentrate
| better on Fedora 11.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fedora-11-Is-Here-113707.shtml

Ubuntu 9.04 vs. Fedora 11 Performance

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 11 was released earlier this week so we have set out to see how its
| desktop performance compares to that of Ubuntu 9.04, which was released back
| in April. Using the Phoronix Test Suite we compared these two leading Linux
| distributions in tasks like code compilation, Apache web server performance,
| audio/video encoding, multi-processing, ray-tracing, computational biology,
| various disk tasks, graphics manipulation, encryption, chess AI, image
| conversion, database, and other tests.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora11_ubuntu904_perf&num=1

Recent:

Fedora 11 and Ext4: The Straight Bits

,----[ Quote ]
| Let's face it--We're addicted! To files that is. More importantly, we are
| addicted to the massively large and ever increasing storage devices upon
| which we store those files. Make no mistake though, like any addiction,
| storing content comes at a cost and usually those costs are paid at the
| filesystem level. We all want more space and we all want better performance
| when it comes to disk I/O and a junkie's wishlist never ends.
`----

http://jaboutboul.blogspot.com/2009/06/fedora-11-and-ext4-straight-bits.html

Fedora teams’ call to action.

,----[ Quote ]