[News] OpenSolaris Gets Better and Comes to Embedded Systems

OpenSolaris 2009.06: Getting Better All The Time

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the weekend, I had the chance to take a look at Sun Microsystems‘ latest
| OpenSolaris 2009.06, which it released during last week’s JavaOne conference.
| The last time I had a look at OpenSolaris, it was just over a year ago, back
| in May of 2008.
|
| Much as it is with community Linux releases such as Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora or
| OpenSUSE, OpenSolaris 2009.06 is an evolutionary, rather than a revolutionary
| improvement over the initial 2008.05 build. All the major open source
| packages have been refreshed, as it is to be expected, and for the most part,
| OpenSolaris provides a comparable user experience to most Linux
| distributions.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/perlow/?p=10250

OpenSolaris 2009.06 released, new ARM port announced

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun has announced the availability of OpenSolaris 2009.06, the third major
| release of the operating system. An experimental ARM port has also been
| released.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/06/opensolaris-200906-released-new-arm-port-announced.ars

OpenSolaris for embedded systems

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenSolaris developers have announced the release of the first port of
| OpenSolaris for ARM processors. The release runs on the ARM v6K architecture
| (ARM11 MPCore) and supports version 2 of the VFP floating-point extension.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/OpenSolaris-for-embedded-systems--/news/113487

Recent:

OpenSolaris 2009.06 Performance