[News] World Plone Day is Coming

World Plone Day Malta

,----[ Quote ]
| The 2009 World Plone Day event in Malta took place at the end of March at The
| Chamber of Commerce and Enterprise in Valletta, the capital city of Malta.
| The conference was one of many events held around the globe to celebrate and
| recognise the achievements of the Plone community and latest technological
| developments from the content management system.
`----

http://www.zeapartners.org/Members/netsight/world-plone-day-malta001

Related:

Plone Raises Its Profile With Award And World Plone Day

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Nov. 7th, 2008, is World Plone Day. No, it's not some obscure holiday
| you've never heard of, but instead an opportunity for the community of
| developers and users of the Plone content management system to try and get
| the word out.
|
| [...]
|
| I was frankly surprised at the number of well-known sites using Plone as
| their CMS of choice, and while that shouldn't automatically sway your
| organization, it should give you good reason to add Plone to your evaluation
| list. Plone has received accolades and built a strong following for good
| reason -- its ease of use, extensibility, strong documentation, and a
| supportive user community make it a solid choice.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/11/plone_raises_it.html

Surviving the global economic crisis: Plone Open Source community collaborates
to fight back

,----[ Quote ]
| From big business to government agencies to non-profit organizations, no one
| is escaping the financial crisis engulfing the world economy. Jobs are being
| lost and projects put on hold as spending is reduced. IT managers are being
| forced to look for innovative, cost-effective solutions which deliver quality
| results within budget.
`----

http://www.zeapartners.org/articles/world-plone-day002

Plone Conference - Consensus Comes Early to Washington

,----[ Quote ]
| The annual conference for the Open Source content management system Plone
| took place in Washington DC last week. To the backdrop of the intensifying
| presidential election campaigns, the conference played host to the election
| of the Plone Foundation board, and saw one of the largest gatherings of Plone
| developers, users and business leaders.

Open Source Government?

,----[ Quote ]
| In September, he closed his fund and returned money to his investors, stating
| that the risk of a bank collapse, which would be hell for hedge funds, was
| too high: "While we concede there are additional opportunities in this
| episode of crisis and uncertainty, we have concluded that those opportunities
| are far outweighed by the risks attendant in the use of the over-the-counter
| derivatives market."
|
| [...]
|
| Not content with just providing meritocratic solutions to our economic
| system, he said meritocracies all around and set his sights on fixing our
| government, saying that since "Thomas Jefferson and Adam Smith" we've had
| a "dearth of worthy philosophers in this country, at least ones focused on
| improving government," (clearly forgetting that Adam Smith was Scottish) and
| said Linux's open-source model was the way to governmental enlightenment:
|
|     George Soros, a man of staggering wealth, has stated that he would like
|     to be remembered as a philosopher. My suggestion is that this great man
|     start and sponsor a forum for great minds to come together to create a
|     new system of government that truly represents the common man's interest,
|     while at the same time creating rewards great enough to attract the best
|     and brightest minds to serve in government roles without having to rely
|     on corruption to further their interests or lifestyles. This forum could
|     be similar to the one used to create the operating system, Linux, which
|     competes with Microsoft's near monopoly. I believe there is an answer,
|     but for now the system is clearly broken.
`----

http://www.nolanchart.com/article5248.html

Open source Plone 3.0 prove well worth the price

,----[ Quote ]
| Plone does one thing -- Web content management -- and does it with aplomb.
| That's why you'll find well-known U.S. and international organizations in
| most industries running their Web sites, internets, and extranets with Plone.
`----

http://www.zeapartners.org/articles/plone300

Plone: Official launch of PloneGov in Italy

,----[ Quote ]
| The Chamber of Commerce of Ferrara, the first PloneGov Italian member,
| invites 100 representatives from the public sector and open source experts to
| participate to the official launch of PloneGov in Italy on September 16,
| 2008.
`----

http://www.zeapartners.org/articles/ferrara002

3 open source e-Government projects merge and launch PloneGov.org

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source experts from the public sector, community and SME's
| participated in the first Plone e-government international workshop.
|
| [...]
|
| Attendants, equally representing the public sector, Plone community
| and SME's, came from several countries : Belgium, France,
| Switzerland, Spain, Argentina, The Netherlands and Luxemburg.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/6/8/21231

PloneGov Snags Lutèce d'Or for Open Source CMS Efforts

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/open-source-cms/plonegov-snags-lutece-dor-for-open-source-cms-efforts-001418.php