[News] More Success Signs of GNU/Linux on Mobile Devices

Lenovo IdeaPad S10 with Intel's Moblin V2

,----[ Quote ]
| Linpus is one of several Linux distributions that developers are reworking to
| run on top of Intel's Moblin V2. Here is Linpus Linux Lite with the Moblin
| interface running on a Lenovo IdeaPad S10 netbook. Linpus also showed a
| Moblin version with a different Linpus user interface.
`----

http://content.zdnet.com/2346-13616_22-309380.html

The best netbook-friendly Linux distros

,----[ Quote ]
| We loved the Xandros based OS the Asus put on the original Eee PC for its
| simplicity and direct access to applications. Likewise Acer's version of
| Linpus, installed on the Linux versions of its Aspire One netbook. For 90 per
| cent of the tasks anyone's likely to perform on a netbook, they're spot on
| and allow the machines to boot up in under 20 seconds.
|
| [...]
|
| Instant messenging is also integrated, but only supports Google Talk, Jabber
| and Salut. The exclusion of Skype and MSN will certainly get in the way for
| some users. There's no word processor as standard, but Abiword is in the
| repositories – but that's about it. There's no sign of OpenOffice and a lot
| of other common software.
|
| The interface is really nice to use, but we can't help but feel teased as
| this is from a complete product. Yet another distribution to keep an eye on,
| but not really ready for use.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/06/09/which_linux_for_netbooks/

Recent:

One Third of Dell Inspiron Mini 9s Sold Run Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell attributes part of the Linux growth to competitive pricing on the Ubuntu
| SKUs. “When you look at the sweet spot for this category it is price
| sensitivity, and Linux enabled us to offer a lower price entry point,” added
| Dell senior product manager John New.
`----

http://blog.laptopmag.com/one-third-of-dell-inspiron-mini-9s-sold-run-linux

Dell's new inexpensive Linux notebook