[News] LinuxCon is Coming, Linux Foundation Grows Bigger

Early Birds: Last Day to Catch the LinuxCon Worm

,----[ Quote ]
| LinuxCon, the Linux Foundation's brand new conference intended to draw "the
| best and brightest...including core developers, administrators, end users,
| community managers and industry experts," is still several months away. What
| isn't several months away, however, is the deadline for Early Bird
| registration — if you want to catch that worm, you'll have to get to running.
|
| The first annual LinuxCon, to be held in Portland, Oregon, will run from
| September 21 - 23, immediately before the second annual Linux Plumber's
| Conference, to be held September 23 - 25. The conference is one of, if not
| the, first Linux Foundation conferences to feature an open invitation to all
| Linux users — most of the foundation's events are by invitation only.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/early-birds-last-day-catch-linuxcon-worm

The Linux Foundation Welcomes mimio To the Fold

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation has added another member to the fold. mimio, creator of
| the only interactive teaching platform available for Linux, joined the
| foundation and plans to "use popular tools such as the 'App Checker' to ease
| code development as it makes Linux applications more portable than ever
| before." Having educational software and appliance vendors on the membership
| roster of the Linux Foundation is a terrific way to reinforce that open
| source technology is indeed compatible with the needs of educators and
| learning institutions.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/the-linux-foundation-welcomes-mimio-to-the-fold#buzz

Provider of Interactive Teaching Solutions Joins Linux Foundation

http://linux-foundation.org/weblogs/press/2009/06/09/provider-of-interactive-teaching-solutions-joins-linux-foundation/

Recent:

LinuxCon promises to bridge developer and business communities

,----[ Quote ]
| As the founder and program chair for the Open Source Business Conference, I
| know what a business conference looks like. And as a regular attendee of the
| excellent O'Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON), I know what a great
| developer event looks like, too.
|
| But this year's inaugural LinuxCon, put on by the business and
| developer-friendly Linux Foundation, is trying to bring the two worlds
| together this September in Portland.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10249386-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

LinuxCon is Taking Shape, With An Impressive Speaker Roster

http://ostatic.com/blog/linuxcon-is-taking-shape-with-an-impressive-speaker-roster