An open request to this group

  • Subject: An open request to this group
  • From: "Tony(UK)" <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 11:22:15 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Almost daily, and used in a derogatory form, the term 'Freetard' or
'Freetards', used in the context of alternative operating system users.

I ask as a disabled Linux user, and an advocate for disability in the
United Kingdom, please could you refrain from using this term.
Scenario: You are walking or driving down a road and are hit by a car,
causing you massive head injuries. Would *you* like to be referred to in
this way?

This sort of abuse needs stamping out, and I ask, with every seriousness
and sincerity and the best intent, for anyone thinking of using the term
to find another way to slate others.

Tony(UK)