Re: [News] Mono is a Disaster, OpenSUSE Drifts Further Away from Novell

High Plains Thumper wrote:
> Tony Manco wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> I did a search for Mono in Synaptic on my main desktop.  I
>>> then uninstalled all Mono features and 2 applications using
>>> it, including Tomboy.  It was easier than switching off the
>>> uninvited Windows .Net extension in Microsoft's recent
>>> FireFox "patch".
>> Did you purge it? (Complete Removal) :-P
>
> No, I didn't.  I wanted to make sure that I didn't break
> something in complete removal of all, including the libraries.  I
> didn't, so now I am at liberty to do the same (but with purge) to
> all my other systems.
>
> However, its residing on the system uninstalled is much like
> trolls in a kill file.   :-)

Here:

$sudo apt-get purge libmono0 mono-common libgdiplus

Nice and easy... :-P

--
It's a bird..

It's a plane..

No, it's KernelMan, faster than a speeding bullet, to your rescue.
Doing new kernel versions in under 5 seconds flat..
    ~Linus Torvalds