[News] Mozilla Celebrates 7th Very Happy Birthday

June 5, 2002: Browser, Philosophy Born of Turmoil, Defeat

,----[ Quote ]
| The first browser wars effectively ended in 1998 when Microsoft Internet
| Explorer toppled Netscape Navigator.
|
| Throughout the the mid-1990s, the makers of the two most popular web browsers
| battled tooth and nail to capture the largest share of users among the web’s
| early adopters. Even though the geeks tended to favor Navigator, every new
| Windows computer shipped with IE on the desktop, giving Microsoft a
| significant advantage.
`----

http://www.wired.com/thisdayintech/2009/06/dayintech_0605

Which Mozilla blurb works best?

,----[ Quote ]
| I’d be interested in hearing which if any of these directions resonate with
| people. They probably won’t get used for anything exactly as is. But
| reactions are super helpful in coming up with things we’ll actually use in
| the end. I’ve created a short survey with this in mind — if you’re interested
| in this topic, please take 30 seconds to fill out the survey. Also, if you’ve
| got alternate riffs on the text above, feel free to post them here as a
| comment.
`----

http://commonspace.wordpress.com/2009/06/04/which-mozilla-blurb-works-best/

Happy Birthday, Mozilla - and Thanks for Being Here

,----[ Quote ]
| There's a number of noteworthy points here. The first is that the Mozilla
| project was originally a browser *suite*, which included an email reader and
| a chat client as well as a browser. This was a throwback to the old Netscape
| Communicator suite, on which it was based.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2247&blogid=14

Recent:

Mozilla SUMO Is No Lightweight

,----[ Quote ]
| Web browsing is supposed to just be a point-and-click exercise, but there are
| times when a user has a question or encounters a problem with their browser
| and needs help.
|
| For the millions of users around the globe using Mozilla's Firefox, that's
| where SUpport Mozilla (SUMO) aims to come in, with a support forum and live
| chat features to help users get answers for their browser problems.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3814806/Mozilla+SUMO+Is+No+Lightweight.htm

Mozilla releases Ubiquity update

,----[ Quote ]