[News] Is Washington Illegalising Free Software with Tax

Can Washington Charge Unauthorized Downloaders With Tax Evasion?

,----[ Quote ]
| A bunch of states have been pushing forward with plans to add taxes on
| digital downloads. The state of Washington apparently passed just such a law,
| which is scheduled to go into effect on July 26th. Nate sent in a note,
| pointing out that under a strict reading of the details of the bill you could
| see how the state could go after unauthorized downloaders as "tax evaders."

"Value your freedom or you will lose it, teaches history. "Don't bother us with
politics," respond those who don't want to learn."

                --Richard Stallman

Recent:

Joe Biden promises a blank check to the entertainment cartel

,----[ Quote ]
| VP Joe Biden stood up in front of a bunch of Hollywood execs and promised to
| appoint a copyright czar, and furthermore, that this would be the "right"
| person to protect their interests. I would have voted Dem in the last
| election, if I got a vote, but make no mistakes: the Dems are the party of
| stupid copyright laws.
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/04/22/joe-biden-promises-a.html

Administration Lobbyist Ban Not Doing What It's Supposed To Do

,----[ Quote ]
| We've already seen how the Justice Department is, for example, being filled
| with lawyers who regularly worked with the RIAA, MPAA and BSA -- three of the
| biggest copyright lobbying organizations, and those individuals have wasted
| no time in expressing their desire to continue pushing those industry's
| viewpoints in their new positions.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090422/0419234608.shtml

RIAA Brief Attacks Free Software Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/04/21/2041241&from=rss