Re: [News] Fedora Dumps Mono/Tomboy, Goes with Gnote

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 19:16:50 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Redhat/Fedora drops Mono
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| It will come as no surprise to regular readers that I am heartily encouraged
>| by this small snippet of news I picked up via Twitter this afternoon (thanks
>| Roy)
> `----
>
> http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2009/06/02/redhatfedora-drops-mono/

Wow, the feedback loop in operation.  Roy takes a LKML item that does *NOT*
say that they are dropping Mono, only that they're dropping TomBoy which
depends on Mono, and adds the tag "Redat/Fedor drops Mono".  Then another
blogger comes along and references Roy, and Roy references him as proof of
his original claim (which was not made in the post he quotes).

The only thing that even mentions removing Mono was that Mono was removed
from the LiveCD for space reasons, which suggests that Mono is still
included in the DVD version or net installs.

Also, they go out of their way to say that these mono apps are still
optional, which means at best Roy could say "Redhat/Fedore excludes Mono
from LiveCD's"

What's even more funny is all the people who don't even bother to read the
articles and just Assume roy isn't being dishonest (which he is quite
often).

Roy makes you guys look like idiots.  How do you not see that?