[News] Linux Game Publishing Adopts Renting Model, Linux Makes Storybook

LGP Adds Downloads and Rentals

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Game Publishing blog was updated today:
|
|     A lot of you asked for the ability to download games.
|
|     We have listened and created the reseller download system.
|
|     From today all resellers will be able to sell downloadable copies of LGP
|     games, and these will be cheaper than boxed copies. LGP is not selling
|     downloadable versions directly, as to do so would seriously damage the
|     ability of the reseller chain to compete meaningfully.
`----

http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/13838

Write Your Own Novelties

,----[ Quote ]
| Some people has the talent to write good stories. Probably most uses only a
| paper and a pen for this task. However, if you are searching for a respective
| tool, I maybe have another solution: Storybook!
`----

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/06/01/write-your-own-novelties/

Recent:

Patent trolls and rental car companies

,----[ Quote ]
| I was at an event this morning where the subject of so-called "patent trolls"
| came up (see also an earlier posting). Trolls are creatures who live under
| bridges and demand payment from travelers who wish to cross the bridge.
| Patent trolls are companies and/or individuals who buy patents for the
| purpose of making money off of infringement claims (rather than for the
| purpose of marketing/developing the invention). As such, trolls are a
| subcategory of (and take the organizational form of) the patent holding
| company. A good example of a patent holding company is Royalty Pharma, which
| makes its money off of the royalty stream. However, defining a troll, and
| differentiating it from a holding company, is sometimes tricky.
`----

http://www.athenaalliance.org/weblog/archives/2008/10/patent_trolls_and_rental_car_companies_1.html

Exstream Soft to provide Microsoft applications for rent

,----[ Quote ]
| The company will aim to provide Microsoft applications to domestic users and
| small and medium businesses on a monthly rental basis.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=B964332D-CAB4-4491-BB39-673A5E3A4216

Related:

Philippine Linux Company Promotes Free Software by Offering Rental and Lease
to Own Servers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/view_press_release.php?rssID=18985