[News] Softpedia Releases Another Linux Newsletter

Softpedia Linux Weekly, Issue 47

,----[ Quote ]
| Editorial: Linux for Kids
| Distributions announced last week:
| · Linux Mint 7 Is Based on Ubuntu 9.04
| · CentOS 5.3 Live CD Released
| · PC/OS Open64 Workstation 10 Is Based on Ubuntu 9.04
| · Calculate Linux Desktop 9.6 Has KDE 4.2.3
| Other News: Online Backup Solution from Mandriva, Ubuntu AppCenter, SouthEast
| LinuxFest and more...
| Application of the Month: Rhythmbox

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Softpedia-Linux-Weekly-Issue-47-112990.shtml

Already mainstream:

Keeping the PC personal at school.

,----[ Quote ]
| One thought that came to mind was to dual-boot Ubuntu or have a
| Linux-on-a-stick.
`----

http://slashdot.org/submission/1010911/Keeping-the-PC-personal-at-school

Recent:

Softpedia Linux Weekly, Issue 45

,----[ Quote ]
| This week's editorial talks a little about the virus threats on Linux/UNIX
| systems. In the Linux distribution announcement section you will find the
| following releases: Slack Mini Server 1.4.3, Zenwalk Live 6.0, Sabily 9.04,
| SystemRescueCd 1.2.0, Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 1. In other news: Ubuntu One: the
| free Online storage service from Canonical; Transmission 1.61 plugs CSRF hole
| in Ubuntu 9.04. For this week we have also prepared a nice tutorial that will
| teach you how to fix the VirtualBox USB support. The weekly ends with the
| video clip of the week, the latest Linux distributions released/updated last
| week and the development releases.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Softpedia-Linux-Weekly-Issue-45-111848.shtml

Softpedia Linux Weekly, Issue 43