Re: [News] British Government on Free Software Adoption Due to Deficit

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> UK government and open source adoption in a recession
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Last month the UK Cabinet Office released a short document entitled
> | 'Open Source, Open Standards and Re-Use: Government Action Plan' that
> | redefines, among other things, the UK government's approach to open
> | source software. Part of the document is well thought through. The rest
> | is less engaging. For more information, see our forthcoming report
> | entitled 'UK government and open source adoption in a recession'.
> `----
>
> http://www.ovum.com/news/euronews.asp?id=7788

The UK government is closing down its offices and programmes like there
is no tomorrow because of the borrowings to pay for bankers mistakes
(instead of closing them down, replacing it with state banking, and then
asset stripping and making new commercially viable banks with the old
infrastructure - because there is no recession - the stock markets are
about where they could be but all the money is not in the hands of the
banks because they gambled it away and we don't owe banks a living!). They
are also closing down education projects. They would have to close a few
less if they let open source into education and government.