Re: TomTom sues Microsoft for patent infringement

On 2009-03-22, Doctor Smith <iaintgotnostinkinemail@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 23:28:46 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ____/ JEDIDIAH on Saturday 21 March 2009 22:25 : \____

>>>     You should do a standup routine...
>>>
>>> [deletia]
>>>

>> IE6 and Solitaire... /real/ quality. So, does Windows come with a free
>> anti-virus and need Linux get the same 'quality' security?
>>

> Linux needs users.
> After 17+ years of being free, Linux still hasn't managed to even make a
> dent in the desktop market.
>
> That is pathetic.

    Your claim is a paradox.

    Of course Linux doesn't "need users". Despite your Cassandra routine,
Linux has been doing quite well anyways. Your own statement demonstrates
why it is so fundementally wrong.

    Better stuff has come and gone (unfortunately) in that time due to
the market's inability to tolerate meaningful choice. MS-DOS proved that
the better mousetrap won't win here.

--
	On the subject of kilobyte being "redefined" to mean 1000 bytes...

        When I was a wee lad, I was taught that SI units were        |||
        meant to be computationally convenient rather than just     / | \
	arbitrarily assigned.