Re: [News] W3C Stats: GNU/Linux on 4% of Connected Desktops (and Growing)

On 2009-03-15, Doctor Smith <iaintgotnostinkinemail@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:50:23 -0500, DFS wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
[deletia]

>> Look at the 'All Windows' line towering over all.  See what people prefer?
>>
>> Look at the XP line making Linux look like a pretender.
>>
>> Look at the Vista line showing linear growth since the day it was released.
>> Soon it will flatten out and the Win7 line will absolutely soar.
>>
>> Look at the flat Linux line, which is  4.5x higher than the true Linux share
>> as accurately estimated at marketshare.hitslink.com
>
> After 18 years of being free and Linux still can't gain market share.
> It's pathetic when something can't be given away considering the
> competition, Windows and Mac, cost money.

...it's almost as if you wish us to believe that it's some sort of ideal
world out there where something like MacOS would have rightfully buried
MS-DOS and put Microsoft out of business decades ago.

   If it were really about "being good", then Microsoft would have been
put out of business by Apple before the first line of the Linux kernel
was ever written.

--
                                    My macintosh runs Ubuntu.        |||
                                                                    / | \