[News] The Free Software Web Browsers Outpace Proprietary Ones, Firefox 3.5 Now in Beta

  • Subject: [News] The Free Software Web Browsers Outpace Proprietary Ones, Firefox 3.5 Now in Beta
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 02:06:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Firefox Beta Update Supports HTML 5

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla released an update for the ongoing Firefox beta, bringing the current
| version to 3.1b3. This will be the last beta before the version number
| changes to 3.5, according to the organization.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/161210/firefox_beta_update_supports_html_5.html?tk=rss_news

Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 now available for download

,----[ Quote ]
| Please note: Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 is a public preview release intended for
| developer testing and community feedback. It includes many new features as
| well as improvements to performance, web compatibility, and speed. We
| recommend that you read the release notes and known issues before installing
| this beta.
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2009/03/12/firefox-31-beta-3-now-available-for-download/

Opinion: Defining moments in web history

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mozilla project gave a huge boost to open source, and led ultimately to
| Firefox, now gradually regaining Netscape's lost browser crown.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2009/03/13/235254/opinion-defining-moments-in-web-history.htm

Recent:

Mozilla slates overdue Firefox 3.1 beta for March 10

,----[ Quote ]
| After several delays, Mozilla Tuesday set a release schedule for Firefox 3.1
| Beta 3, the next milestone on the road to the browser's first major upgrade
| since June 2008.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1235377393&rid=-50

Top 40 Firefox plugins, extensions and add-ons

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox is a very useful and feature-rich browser, we all know that. But
| aside from being a robust Web browser, Firefox is appealing to more
| sophisticated users because of the support that it gets from third-party
| application developers.
|
| These developers continuously enrich Firefox’s functionality through plugins,
| extensions and add-ons. Here are 40 interesting and useful Firefox tools to
| give you a pleasant and fruitful browsing experience.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure%20/2008/11/02/top-40-firefox-plugins-extensions-and-add-ons/

Why is Firefox so popular?

,----[ Quote ]