Re: OLPC Moves to ARM. Farewell, Windows XP?

Tim Smith wrote:

>Hint: they have computers in third world countries.  Many of their
>educators use computers, and are familiar with the available educational
>software, and know most of it is designed for Windows.

Yes, but that's not saying too much.  The world is getting more
net-centric all the time.  I can't think of a single advantage of
locally-installed "educational software" over net-based,
browser-enabledsoftware.  Indeed, the advantages of net-based are
many.

And then, when it comes to learn about computer itself works, the
Linux machine is a far better platform than Windows.