[News] Multimedia Applications Run in GNU/Linux Even Without GUI

14 of the Best Free Console Based Linux Multimedia Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| The vast majority of Linux users would never be satisfied without access to a
| graphical user interface. However, even in 2009 there remain many reasons why
| console based applications can be extremely desirable. Although console
| applications are very useful for updating, configuring, and repairing a
| system, their benefits are not only confined to system administration.
| Console based applications are light on system resources (very useful on low
| spec machines), can be faster and more efficient than their graphical
| counterparts, they do not stop working when X needs to be restarted, and are
| great for scripting purposes.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090305110930136/ConsoleMultimedia.html

Recent:

Become a multimedia pro with the Vector Linux Multimedia Bonus Disc

,----[ Quote ]
| Many audio, video, and graphics professionals would like to make the switch
| to Linux, but don't want to deal with the hassle of figuring out multimedia
| on Linux or are scared off by the purported lack of such tools. I created
| Vector Linux Multimedia Bonus Disc (MMBD) to address this problem and
| perception. It's a complete multimedia creation and production system that
| contains hundreds of the best multimedia applications available on Linux.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/149405

7 Best Linux Distributions for Multimedia Enthusiasts

,----[ Quote ]

http://www.junauza.com/2008/08/7-best-linux-distributions-for.html