[News] Audio Gear Runs Linux, PPC Made Better for Linux

Little Boxes: Audio Production Hardware At Studio Dave

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux sound software has been the foundation of my music studio since the
| late 1990s, but as we all know, that software won't produce so much as a peep
| without the right hardware. Setting up a stable Linux system for audio
| production can be problematic enough, and the wrong decision about your
| hardware can render your otherwise powerful system mute and tuneless. This
| article briefly describes some of the audio production hardware I've acquired
| and employed here at Studio Dave during the last ten years. I hope that my
| readers find this information helpful when making their own decisions about
| their audio hardware purchases.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/little-boxes-audio-production-hardware-studio-dave

Power CPU group enhances instruction set

,----[ Quote ]
| The new instruction set includes explicit support for multi-threading on an
| embedded core, something that had been defined for servers. In addition, page
| table support has been added to the embedded architecture to ease the job of
| address translation and enhance embedded Linux performance.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=215801498

Recent:

The November Cornucopia: One Month In Linux Audio

,----[ Quote ]
| This week I'm your straight reporter bringing you news of
| of updates, upgrades, and new releases in the world of
| Linux audio software. Development in this world is
| continuously productive, so I'll present only a selection
| of the Linux sound and music applications and utilities
| announced in the month of November in the year 2008.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/november-cornucopia-one-month-linux-audio

Audio/Visual Synthesis: The New Arts, Part 2

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/audiovisual-synthesis-new-arts-part-2

Audio/Visual Synthesis For Linux: The New Art, Part 1

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/audiovisual-synthesis-linux-new-art-part-1

Five of the Best Linux Audio Players

http://fourforces.blogspot.com/2008/05/five-of-best-linux-music-players.html