[News] Mozilla Starts Competition, New Prototype

Mozilla Labs Announces 2009 Design Challenge: SxSW Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Labs is calling on its community to share ideas to make it easier to
| upload files. They’re looking for ideas and mockups to address file uploading
| issues including the inability to drag-and-drop and upload multiple files,
| and the need for Flash or server-side hacking to provide any kind of progress
| indication.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2009/03/09/mozilla-labs-announces-2009-design-challenge-sxsw-edition/

Hands-on with Mozilla Labs' new tab prototypes

,----[ Quote ]
| In other Firefox-related news, the developers are discussing the possibility
| of adopting the version number "3.5" for the next release instead of 3.1.
| This proposed change is intended to reflect the significant number of
| features that have been implemented for the release, but would not entail an
| expansion of the timeline or any alternations to the roadmap. Firefox
| development director Mike Beltzner says that this change is simply a
| possibility and that a final decision has not yet been reached.
|
| Indeed, we think that calling it 3.5 would be appropriate in light of the
| significance of many of the improvements. In addition to user-centric
| enhancements like private browsing and major performance and memory
| optimizations, it also has an extremely nice lineup of developer-oriented
| features such as native JSON parsing, worker threads, cross-site
| XMLHttpRequest, and embedded font support. Multimedia is also getting a big
| boost in Firefox 3.1 with the inclusion of built-in Ogg decoders and support
| for the HTML 5 video element.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/03/mozilla-labs-announces-new-tab-page-prototype.ars

'Firefox Web Developer' is a hidden security gem

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you ever come across a situation where you've needed a tool but didn't
| think you had the right one to get the job done? Like when you're trying to
| change a smoke detector battery or tighten a loose door knob -- it seems as
| if the tool you need is never handy, and you might even have to go out and
| buy it. What we tend to forget is that we can often solve our project needs
| with ordinary household items like a butter knife or nail clippers -- things
| that you wouldn't expect to use but can get the job done.
`----

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com.au/articles/29932--Firefox-Web-Developer-is-a-hidden-security-gem

Recent:

Mozilla: Sometimes govt. is answer to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10167433-16.html