[News] OpenID's Co-inventor Supports Free Software

OpenID co-inventor's vision of the open web

,----[ Quote ]
| We're very much taking the open source mentality – we're probably in the
| state of open source a decade ago. We don't have a common licensee for
| specifications yet but the Open Web Foundation has created a legal committee,
| which is working on creating a licence that can be used by communities
| developing these specs.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/web/openid-co-inventor-s-vision-of-the-open-web-528477?src=rss&attr=news

Recent:

Prototype unveiled for storing OpenID credentials

,----[ Quote ]
| The joint MySpace, Flock and Vidoop implementation is a reference design
| released as open source under the General Public License so that changes from
| developers will be shared with the entire open-source community, the
| companies say.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/devt/2F2752395D2CF3FBCC257515007B284E

Recent:

SourceForge Implements OpenID Technology

,----[ Quote ]
| SourceForge(r) (Nasdaq:LNUX), the leader in community-driven media and
| e-commerce, today announced inclusion of the OpenID functionality in their
| SourceForge.net website.
`----

http://ir.corp.sourceforge.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=82629&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1141734&highlight=

Evolving the OpenID Foundation Board

,----[ Quote ]
| By bringing on these companies and their resources, the OpenID Foundation
| will now be able to better serve the needs of  the entire OpenID community.
| In 2008, we can expect to see a larger focus on making OpenID even more
| accessible to a mainstream audience, the development of a World-wide
| trademark usage policy (much like the Jabber Foundation and Mozilla have
| done), and a larger international focus on working with the OpenID
| communities in Asia and Europe. Awesome!
`----

http://openid.net/2008/02/07/evolving-the-openid-foundation-board/

Related:

Yahoo throws weight behind OpenID standard

,----[ Quote ]
| In one of the most significant moves yet in the growing push toward service
| interoperability on the Web, tech giant Yahoo announced Thursday that it is
| supporting the OpenID 2.0 standard for a universal Internet log-in.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13577_3-9852348-36.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

OpenID Becomes Enterprising

| We've been here before, with operating systems. Back in the days when Unix
| was king, nobody wanted to standardise on someone else's flavour, and we were
| left with myriad Unices, all slightly incompatible. One of the reason that
| GNU/Linux has been adopted so widely is that it offered a neutral, open
| platform that favoured everyone equally. Clearly, then, what we need is a
| neutral, open identity system.
|
| Amazingly, we have one: OpenID.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=252&blogid=14