Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Breaking the Internet (Again)

After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:39:17 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Imminent Death of the Net Predicted
>
> Oh the hilarity.
>
> So let me get this straight, Roy.
>
> Now Microsoft is Evil because they implemented an RFC to the letter?
>
> So if Microsoft doesn't follow standards, they're Evil.  But if they do
> follow standards they're Evil.
>
> Are you psychotic?

No, he's quototic.

Here's the first two comments, one like yours and one from the original
author:

   So Vista sucks more because it implemented a standard properly.
   Oh, the hilarity.

Then:

   I agree that the fault lies largely with the IETF and not Microsoft. But
   rule 9 isn't actually mandatory; the RFC allows you to use a different
   selection mechanism instead, and they should have done.

By the way, nice way to flag an article of Roy's, which I decided to skip,
for further reading.  Some of the comments are interesting.

You better watch it, Erik, or that egregious fsckhole, Hadron, will accuse
you of being a shill for "your master", Roy!

--
i dont even know if it makes sense at all :) This is an experimental patch
for an experimental kernel :))