[News] Fedora Trademark Gets Terms Relaxation

Spring is in the air…

,----[ Quote ]
| Along the way, we came up — at long last — with a secondary trademark and
| guidelines to go with it. I recall many a session concerning remixes at which
| we bashed heads against available furniture and walls looking for a way to
| brand remixes in a way that didn’t tie the community’s hands. Now the remix
| could be complete with brand value and the ability to provide a “hook” back
| to our own platform and project, to the extent that a community member wants
| it but without obligating them with a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo. Want to make
| a Fedora Remix? Have at it. Want to point back to our community? Use
| the “Fedora Remix” mark to do it. Want something further, like official
| status in our release cycle? Join the Spins SIG.
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=1507

Recent:

Red Hat Fedora Claims It's the Leader in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Fedora community Linux distribution has now tallied its user base,
| and it's a number that on the surface would make it the largest installed
| base of any Linux distribution, with at least 9.5 million users and possibly
| as many as 10.5 million.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3786726/Red+Hat+Fedora+Claims+Its+the+Leader+in+Linux.htm

Fedora 11 release schedule set

,----[ Quote ]
| At today's FESCo meeting, the final schedule for Fedora 11 was
| approved.  Now  it's time for some reminders about the feature process
| for Fedora 11.  We're changing a few things this time around to
| hopefully make the whole process run smoother than ever!
|
| First., FESCo will be making decisions regarding dropping incomplete
| features at the meeting *2 weeks before* the freeze date, in order to
| give rel-eng and QA time to implement whatever contingency plans might
| be required prior to the freeze.  For Fedora 11, these dates are:
|
| Alpha freeze: 1/20 - FESCo meeting - 1/8
| Beta Freeze:  3/10 - FESCo meeting - 2/25
| Final Freeze: 4/14 - FESCo meeting - 4/1
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/309678/

Fedora 11 Release Schedule, Along With Five Features

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg2OQ