[News] Copyrights Cartel Labels Sharers "Terrorists"

MPAA Study Links Piracy to Gangs and Terrorists

,----[ Quote ]
| The MPAA funded report report titled ‘Film Piracy, Organized Crime, and
| Terrorism’ claims that terrorist groups use film piracy to finance their
| activities, while organized gangs see it as a significant revenue stream.
| Selling pirated goods is a ‘low-risk, high-profit enterprise’ which attracts
| criminals of all sorts according to the report. And, as if that is not bad
| enough, in some areas the influence of these pirating gangs extends into law
| enforcement and political leaders, who are bought, intimidated, or induced to
| create “protected spaces” where crime flourishes.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/mpaa-study-links-film-piracy-to-gangs-and-terrorists-090304/

MPAA Study Calls For Piracy Patriot Act

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/03/05/mpaa-study-calls-for-piracy-patriot-act

Yeah, to stop "terrorists" like Sarkozy...

Recent:

Is Nicholas Sarkozy One Strike Towards Losing His Internet Connection?

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest is that French President, Nicholas Sarkozy, a big supporter of
| setting up a three strikes law in France, is being accused of violating
| copyright law himself.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090226/0101073907.shtml

British Government Violates Copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| As much as I utterly despise the entire premise of Intellectual Monopoly,
| this is about violating the principles of a Free License, and if it's good
| enough for the British government to violate our civil rights in the name of
| Intellectual Monopoly, then it's good enough for the Free World to protect
| its "property" (in fact Freedom) too…
`----

http://slated.org/british_government_violates_copyright

US presidential candidate is a pirate