[News] Huge Number of Programmers Gathers Around Free Software

CollabNet Community Membership Tops 200,000

,----[ Quote ]
| CollabNet, the leader in distributed application lifecycle management (ALM)
| solutions, announced today that more than 200,000 members have now joined
| openCollabNet, the end-user and developer community for the CollabNet
| platform and Subversion. More than 20,000 new members join the rapidly
| growing community each month, and the community’s website delivers more than
| five million page views per month. CollabNet also announced today that more
| than 20 products that integrate third-party software, such as Eclipse,
| NetBeans, and Visual Studio, with the CollabNet platform and Subversion are
| now available on collabXchange, an online integration marketplace accessible
| to openCollabNet members. Free openCollabNet memberships are available at
| www.collab.net/community, and members can download integration products at
| www.collab.net/collabXchang
`----

http://www.open.collab.net/news/press/2009/collabnet-membership.html

CITTIO TO ADVANCE THE STATE OF CLOUD COMPUTING

,----[ Quote ]
| By making key contributions early on with its internal resources and using
| the best selection of open source components and industry standards, CITTIO
| will make it easy for the open source community to come together on creating
| broad and deep instrumentation of cloud components. The details on the
| implementation and benefits of this open source initiative called Project
| Zeppelin, is covered in a separate release. This effort will allow other
| management vendors to take advantage of Zeppelin as well to innovate and
| deliver new management solutions.
`----

http://www.cittio.com/pressreleases/cloud_computing.shtml

"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"

                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

Recent:

Debian Project News - August 18th, 2008