[News] Debate About User Experience in GNU/Linux

Interview with Liz Danzico - User Experience

,----[ Quote ]
| Scott: There’s an interesting sense that some people see Shuttleworth in–sort
| of the keeper of the hip version of Linux that thinks about UI. He doesn’t
| always think about the Kernel, but yet I haven’t seen too many people ask
| themselves, “What more could he do?”
|
| Liz: Remember the book “Paradox of Choice?” I interviewed Barry Schwartz
| once, and I recall asking him about what was needed in editorials. His
| perspective, at least when I interviewed him about a year ago, was
| that “We’re not coming up with better tools, or better search engines, or
| better filters for our data. We’re actually going to human editors for the
| work that we’re doing.”
`----

http://howsoftwareisbuilt.com/2009/03/03/interview-with-liz-danico-user-experience-wordpress/

Related:

Linux fights back with user experience

,----[ Quote ]
| But, now Linux is edging closer to Windows in the area of user experience and
| in many cases, a properly setup system can blow away any desktop OS user
| experience by linking highly solid functionality (that meets user goals) with
| AMAZING user experience.
`----

http://www.adampellegrini.com/2007/10/linux-fights-back-with-user-experience.html

The perfect operating system