Re: [News] New Wine Released -- Safari Runs in GNU/Linux

Vincent wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 18:05:49 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>
>> Tony Manco <trmanco@xxxxxx> writes:

>>> hmm... already? Damn that was fast...
>>
>> What was? Them not releasing a Linux version?
>
> Safari is an awful browser in my opinion. At least the Windows version
> is.

Well, apple has an awful habit of not doing anything about security
issues.
For example: 2 weeks ago patches for Safari appeared.
The bug was found by  Brian Mastenbrook  in mid of July 2008.
He released the info when half an year later after he informed apple still
nothing had happened.

So, in this regard apple is as bad as MS, and such sloppy software has no
place on linux systems
--
Microsoft's Product Strategy: "It compiles, let's ship it!"