[News] Debian 5.0 Already Installed on Storage Units

NAS vendor touts Lenny installs, new Atom-based system

,----[ Quote ]
| Taiwanese network-attached storage (NAS) vendor Qnap Systems proudly
| announced the availability of Debian Lenny (version 5.0) for all of its
| ARM-based Turbo NAS models. Meanwhile, the company also tipped its hat toward
| x86 with a Linux-ready Intel Atom-based four-bay TS-439 Pro Turbo NAS for
| business users.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6188095413.html?kc=rss

Recent:

German schools pilot remote virtual Debian/KDE desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| An educational software organization in Germany is pilot testing an
| educational software system based on virtualized Debian/KDE desktops.
| Kreisbildstelle Stade's "Desque" system serves up virtualized desktops
| over "standard" broadband connections, letting students and teachers access
| their desktops from home or school, the organization says.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3946686696.html?kc=rss

Kurt Roeckx is the new Debian Secretary

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve McIntyre, the leader of the Debian Project, has appointed Kurt Roeckx
| as the new Debian secretary. The decision was made in close cooperation with
| Bdale Garbee, the current acting secretary. Neal McGovern was confirmed as an
| assistant, "due to his recent experience as assistant to the previous
| secretary."
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Kurt-Roeckx-is-the-new-Debian-Secretary--/news/112704

Debian 5.0 Continues Strong Linux Tradition

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 5 of the Debian GNU/Linux open-source operating system offers the
| same top management tools and processor support that previous versions of the
| Linux operating system have. There also are a host of updates to open-source
| components, and the Linux distribution is still a great fit for servers and a
| solid desktop choice. However, the top reason for upgrading from version 4
| may be the relatively short three-year security fix window, less than the
| coverage time offered with Ubuntu and Red Hat Enterprise Linux-derived
| CentOS.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Debian-50-Continues-Strong-Linux-Tradition/

Debian Lenny: Returning Home to the Mothership

,----[ Quote ]
| Lenny looks and works just fine on my system, and it is noticeably peppier.
| Maybe that's from using the nv driver; whatever it is, screen redraws and
| moving windows do not have the lag that Kubuntu and Ubuntu do, and scrolling
| Web pages is smoother and faster.
`----

http://blog.linuxtoday.com/blog/2009/02/debian-lenny-re.html

Lenny lights up an old laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| With the Debian Linux project officially designating “Lenny” as its
| new “stable” distribution, I decided to install it on an old Thinkpad to see
| how well it performs on a low-end machine. Without doubt, the results
| surpassed my wildest expectations!
`----

http://www.deviceguru.com/lenny-lights-up-an-old-laptop/

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 codename Lenny

,----[ Quote ]
| Long-awaited “Lenny” has finally been out! After 22 months of development,
| Debian development team announced the official release of Debian GNU/Linux
| 5.0 on 14th of February as planned (well, at least in American Samoa, which
| happens to be located in UTC-11.) and the very same day I installed and
| tested it on my laptop.
`----

http://bekirserifoglu.wordpress.com/2009/02/20/debian-gnulinux-50-codename-lenny/

Debian Lenny Mini Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Having always been a Debian person at heart, I eagerly awaited the latest
| Debian version to hit the mirrors. When Lenny was released, I downloaded the
| DVD ISO through torrent and installed it.
`----

http://technichristian.net/?p=842

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The idea of a "universal operating system" that runs on just about any piece
| of hardware on the planet and is 100% modifiable, redistributable, and free
| of charge is a good one.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/debian5.htm

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0: Flexible and (Almost) Free

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3804266/Debian-GNULinux-50-Flexible-and-Almost-Free.htm

Debian 5.0 With LXDE: It's Your Grandad On Skates!

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/02/debian-50-with-lxde-its-your-grandad-on.html