[News] Review: Simply Mepis 8 is Fantastic

Simply Mepis 8 is Finally Here

,----[ Quote ]
| In summary, I am extremely pleased with this version of Simply Mepis. It is
| rock solid, easy to use and easy to maintain. I must not forget to give
| credit to the guys from the MEPISlovers forums who worked tirelessly
| producing quality artwork, giving valuable input to Warren. My hat is off to
| everyone who had a hand in making this distribution the excellent product it
| is.
`----

http://preacherpen.wordpress.com/2009/02/27/simply-mepis-8-is-finally-here/

Warren Woodford on MEPIS kernel, favourite features

,----[ Quote ]
| Warren Woodford, founder and lead developer of MEPIS Linux, had previously
| complained that Debian 5.0 "Lenny" didn't ship with a long-term support Linux
| kernel, and so the latest release of MEPIS breaks form with Lenny only days
| after its release by shipping with a newer kernel - something that could
| potentially make MEPIS less compatible with software certified for Debian. We
| asked Warren what kind of thinking was behind the switch, and also about his
| favourite new features in MEPIS 8.0...
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/warren-woodford-mepis-kernel-favourite-features

"There is such an overvaluation of technology stocks that it is absurd. I would
include our stock in that category. It is bad for the long-term worth of the
economy."
                                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO

Recent:

Mepis 8.0 Desktop - A Debian Joyride

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall Mepis 8 is snappier than ever. Needless to say it is rock solid based
| on Debian Lenny. I have been tinkering with it for 3 days, but it has never
| borked. And the best thing in using Mepis 8 is that you can you can enjoy
| very easy Linux computing yet access thousands of Debian applications.
`----

http://pclinuxos2007.blogspot.com/2009/02/mepis-80-desktop-debian-joyride.html

Review: Mepis 8.0

,----[ Quote ]