Re: [News] Possible Record for Java Programming, New GNU Utilities from CodeSourcery

Hadron wrote:

> wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Gregory Shearman wrote:

>>> Massive, bloated, clumsy. I can live without it.
>>
>> Do you like C++?  I always see Java vs. C++ discussions.
>>

> I agree with Shearman here.
>
> Java is a sloppy, slow mess.
>
> It got popular because they "cross platformed it" (or claimed it) early
> enough to sucker people in. The great majority of "cross platform" Java
> apps are still a mess with differnt ideas of what GUI to use and,
> generally, the programmer have ZERO idea about efficiency.

I've been interested in learning Java recently.  I skimmed some books and
decided that Java looked alright.  It's used a lot in finance, which I'm
majoring in.  And my school teaches it extensively in CS classes.

Have you tried out Java?  Was it too slow for your taste?  What kind of
programming you do?