Re: [News] The Anti-Linux Police Loses

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ High Plains Thumper on Thursday 28 May 2009 13:39 : \____
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Justice Rules Police Can't Steal Other Kid's Toys
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>

> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/justice-rules-police-cant-steal-other-
kids-toys

>> It took someone from the highest court in the state to give a
>> proper ruling and release the student's equipment back to him.  I
>> think they were hoping that the student could not afford a proper
>> defence lawyer and would just suffer injustice without his
>> equipment and a way to fight.
>>
>> I think Massachusetts has become a Police State, so much for the
>> Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.
>>
>> Don't let them catch any businesses using ODF to archive
>> documents.   :-)
>
> A lot of popular movements come from Massachusetts. They must be
> terrified.

The US, and the UK have gone insane about the "War on Terrorism."

It was rarely about the deaths of the people that died on 9/11, or the
people that have died in bombings.

More people have died from the wars than were killed on 9/11.

This has a lot of details about the causes of the current situation:
http://www.archive.org/details/ThePowerOfNightmares

We need to learn from our mistakes, and the mistakes of others.  Most of us
haven't learned anything from what Hitler did, other than that he was a bad
man.  Almost any human being could repeat the mistakes of Hitler, if given
the same input/experiences in life.

I suspect that unless people start waking up, and learning more about
themselves, and others, that some even greater atrocities may occur
relatively soon.  As freedoms and liberties are taken away quite often in
the name of peace and freedom from tyranny, it also tends to enable a few
people having power over many.  If history is a guide, and considering most
of humanity hasn't learn from history, then we will probably repeat the
mistakes of the past.  We have so many ways to kill each other it may be
worse than ever before.  Once the shared enemy goes away, the forces tend to
attack themselves.

-George