[News] Linpus to Knock Windows' Socks off with GNU/Linux

Linpus To Launch Moblin V2 OS Next Week

,----[ Quote ]
| Back in February we were first to share the news that Linpus was going to
| launch a QuickOS Linux operating system. They did that, but we can now also
| tell you that next week Linpus Technologies will be launching a new version
| of their Linpus distribution that is based upon Moblin V2. One of their
| representatives decided to send us the information early again, and so we
| have it for you now.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzI5MA

Forget Moblin! Ubuntu Netbook Remix rocks on the Classmate

,----[ Quote ]
| Why would I bother tweaking, fiddling with drivers, and otherwise goofing
| around with Moblin when Intel’s NBR image:
|
|    1. Is fast
|    2. Made great use of the small screen of the Classmate (sounding familiar
|    yet?)
|    3. Worked with the touch screen, wireless, and all hardware out of the box
|    4. Came with software for taking notes with the stylus, handwriting
|    recognition, and the same palm rejection that makes it so easy to write on
|    the Windows version of the tablet
|    5. Came with Ubuntu’s familiarity and extensive software library
|    6. Is easily switchable back to a standard Gnome desktop interface
`----

http://education.zdnet.com/?p=2598

Recent:

Linux To Regain 50% Netbook Market Share

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/05/linux-to-regain-50-netbook-mar.html