[News] Elections at GNOME and Fedora

Gnome Elections: meet the candidates

,----[ Quote ]
| Gnome Foundation elections are getting near, and the candidacies have already
| been submitted to the mailing list.
|
| Here’s an overview of the candidates, along with the copy paste of their
| candidacy mail. I also tried to find the hackergotchi for everyone, and did
| minor edits to the formatting - for sanity.
|
| Probably you don’t have the right to vote (vote is open to members only), but
| chances are you could find interesting the nominees anyway.
`----

http://www.stefanoforenza.com/gnome-elections-meet-the-candidates/

Open for nominations.

,----[ Quote ]
| In Fedora, we have two main bodies of governance that take care of the lion’s
| share (yes, that was a Leonidas pun, sorry) of decision making where we need
| specific accountability. One of those is the Fedora Engineering Steering
| Committee, or FESCo. The other is the Fedora Project Board.
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=1671

Recent:

The tallies are in.

,----[ Quote ]
| Election results for the Fedora Project Board, the Fedora Engineering
| Steering Committee, and the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee are all
| announced this morning.
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=1370

Nominations now open for December Fedora Elections

,----[ Quote ]
| With one round of elections in the US out of the way, it's now time to
| turn our attention to more pressing matters - Fedora Election Season
| has begun.
|
| The following groups have elections in December 2008:
|
|     * Fedora Project Board
|     * Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (FAmSCo)
|     * Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo)
|     * Fedora Localization Steering Committee (FLSCo/Translators)
|
| Schedule
|
|     * Nominations are open from 28 October through 3 December, 2008.
|     * IRC Town Hall-style discussions with candidates for the various
|       positions will be arranged for 4 December through 6 December.
|     * The elections will take place 7 December through 20 December,
|       2008.
`----

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.core.announce/2455

Related:

Fedora NA - Regional Ambassadors

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the things I’ve been working pretty heavily on the past couple weeks
| is getting more involved in the Fedora Ambassador program.  And let’s just
| say its been a blast.  I love the new direction of the North American
| Ambassador program and am excited to be a part of the newly rejuvenated
| program.
`----

http://fedoratutorials.com/2008/07/27/fedora-na-regional-ambassadors/

Fedora Board Nominations [Open]