[News] Nokia N900 Looks Great and Runs GNU/Linux

Is the Nokia N900 Internet Tablet really coming to T-Mobile USA

,----[ Quote ]
| I enjoy using the Nokia N810 device from time to time to surf, use some old
| Palm apps with GarnetVM, and watch movies. I do find it to be a bit laggy at
| times though so it isn’t always with me. MobileCrunch posted some rumored
| news on the next Nokia Internet Tablet referred to as the N900, Rover, and
| Maemo Flagship. It is very similar to the Nokia N97, but with a higher
| resolution display and Maemo OS rather than S60.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=1805

Nokia Internet Tablet: More Power Than Smartphone, Less Weight Than Netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia's going to re-invigorate some life into its Internet Tablet market
| after a pretty successful stint with the N810. A successor is being planned
| to give the new Internet Tablet some new features, a more polished OS and it
| might actually become affordable.
`----

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=7461

Recent:

Maemo 5 SDK beta released, APIs frozen

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia has announced the availability of the Maemo 5 SDK beta release. The
| beta includes an updated version of the tinymail-based Modest e-mail client,
| which takes advantage of Maemo's sophisticated new user interface framework.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/05/maemo-5-sdk-beta-released-apis-frozen.ars

New Maemo UI framework arrives in Fremantle SDK alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| Several pre-alpha releases of the Fremantle SDK have already been made
| available for download. The second pre-alpha release included the new
| GObject-based Multimedia Application Framework (MAFW), which we examined in
| depth. As we noted in that article, the last major missing piece was the user
| interface framework.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/03/new-maemo-ui-framework-arrives-in-fremantle-sdk-alpha.ars

Nokia Updates the Alpha SDK for its Next-Generation Internet Tablets

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=14980