[News] GNU/Linux is Winning Because of the Windows Vista Disaster

Vista launch best argument for Linux says IBM exec

,----[ Quote ]
| Bob Sutor, vice president for Linux and open source for IBM, was speaking on
| the publication of a global survey on Linux deployment on the desktop,
| commenting that there was a gradual erosion of Windows use within
| enterprises. "It's not a full frontal assault," he said. He said that users
| were learning that there were other alternatives to Microsoft. "It's not just
| about Linux," he said. "It's the growing use of Macs and the rise of smart
| phones as alternatives to Windows desktops." He said that Microsoft must be
| hoping that it gets Windows 7 right or it's really in trouble.
`----

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=7889218C-1A64-67EA-E47CCAF55A45B763

Recent:

Lies, Damn Lies and Linux Market Share Statistics

,----[ Quote ]
| "The numbers from NetApplications are clearly unrepresentative of reality,"
| blogger Robert Pogson told LinuxInsider. "Around 2003/4, IDC determined by
| survey that GNU/Linux was ahead of Mac OS at about 3 percent. Since then
| GNU/Linux has had growth numbers from 20 to 50 percent in various places.
|
| "That would put GNU/Linux at 7 to 9 percent," he asserted.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/67031.html?wlc=1242052796&wlc=1242058748

GreyGeek - Subject: Ah, I see that NetApplications primary

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-05-05-007-35-OS-MR-0000