[News] Hackable Devices Run Linux (Bug and Linksys)

FLOSS Weekly 70: Bug Labs

,----[ Quote ]
| Ken Glimer for Bug Labs, the opens source hardware platform for mobile
| devices.
`----

http://twit.tv/floss70

Linksys WRT160NL Linux-based Wireless-N Broadband Router

,----[ Quote ]
| Linksys WRT160NL is a Linux-based Wireless-N Broadband Router with Storage
| Link.  Linksys WRT160NL is an open source router targeted at IT or
| programming professionals and hobbyists. Two detachable antennas allow
| flexibility for customized applications.
`----

http://slayo.com/linksys-wrt160nl-linux-based-wireless-n-broadband-router.html

Recent:

Linksys NSLU2 - A Great Linux Box

,----[ Quote ]
| I highly recommend the Linksys NSLU2 to anyone wanting to play around with
| Linux. It is so easy to get started with and they can easily be picked up for
| under $100.
`----

http://www.thelinuxblog.com/linksys-nslu2-linux-box/

Related:

Five new firmware releases target Linux-based "Slug"

,----[ Quote ]
| An online developer community that distributes alternative Linux-based
| firmware for a low-cost networked attached storage (NAS) device has announced
| five new firmware releases. NSLU2-linux.org's newly available downloads for
| the LinkSys NSLU2 (aka "SLUG") include new Unslung, SlugOS, OpenWrt,
| Angstrom, and Debian Linux releases.

Small Linux-powered NAS device attracts a community

,----[ Quote ]
| If you have difficulties finding Raidsonic products in your country, the
| Taiwanese maker Macpower offers a product called Taurus LAN which is
| hardware-identical to the described IcyBox.
`----

http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=514

Free open-source storage software attracts users

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source storage software is available to address a number of user
| needs, attracting tens of thousands of users who are turning to open
| source to avoid pricey proprietary products
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;2151292;fp;4;fpid;1968336438

NEC's NAS redefines 'revolutionary'

,----[ Quote ]