Re: Linux gaining Desktop share by the day

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
On Sat, 23 May 2009 23:43:34 +0100, Goblin wrote:

Is this the type of user we want coming over to the Linux platform?
Only if we want to see our beloved distros end up like Vista (IMO)

How elitist of you.

But hey, it's not anything that we haven't been saying for years.

No its not elitist. Linux (or any alternative) isnt something that only those with a high IQ can grasp, what Im saying it that it requires time and the willingness to learn. Many Windows users (IMO) dont want that and simply want the answer to "life the universe and everything" at the click of a mouse. To those people I say they should stay with Windows and I celebrate Microsoft for keeping them.

For the rest, they are more than welcome and if there is a willingness to learn theres plenty of people with a willingness to help.

Goblin
http://www.openbytes.wordpress.com