[News] Another New Home Server is Based on GNU/Linux

Home media server to demo on Intel Atom platform

,----[ Quote ]
| At Computex, Intel and Amahi plan to demonstrate an embedded version of the
| latter's Amahi Linux Home Server software designed for Intel Atom N270
| processors. The open source Home Digital Assistant (HDA) will provide media
| sharing and backup on integrated media servers and home routers, says Amahi.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9314214846.html?kc=rss

Recent:

Choosing the Right Shared Storage

,----[ Quote ]
| Older PCs are well suited for building a Linux-based home server. Most
| current Linux distros ship with the Samba networking software installed, or
| just a package download away. It's fairly straightforward to configure Samba
| to work with Windows, Macs, and other Linux systems.

Microsoft Pulls Windows Home Server Backup Feature

,----[ Quote ]
| The We Got Served blog cited several messages on the Windows Home Server
| (WHS) support forum from Power Pack 1 beta testers who claimed server-wide
| backup had been ditched because of difficult-to-solve bugs.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146013/microsoft_pulls_windows_home_server_backup_feature.html

Microsoft admits big delay on Home Server bug fix

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has admitted that it will not deliver a fix to a Windows Home
| Server data corruption bug it first discovered late last year until June at
| the earliest.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/11/microsoft_windows_home_server_bug/

Windows Home Server bug corrupts files