[News] Interviews With GNU/Linux Developers and Linux Browser Developers Too

An interview with tinivole

,----[ Quote ]
| 8. What would you like to see happen with Linux in the future? with Ubuntu?
|
| Further adoption and growth. Perhaps not on the Desktop for the time being,
| but in every other nook and corner of the Computer world.
`----

http://matthewhelmke.net/2009/05/21/an-interview-with-tinivole/

The Sound of Fedora 11

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat basically hired me to help improving audio on Linux. So that's what I
| am doing during work.
`----

http://jaboutboul.blogspot.com/2009/05/sound-of-fedora-11.html

Interview: Mozilla Bespin's Joe Walker

,----[ Quote ]
| TR: What timeframe are you looking at for 1.0?
|
| JW: I have no idea - we're just planning 0.3 at the moment! We're saying to
| ourselves: what do we want to get done this year? Collaboration features are
| one of those, and the biggest thing we're working on is working with other
| people - a bunch of people want to use Bespin in various different projects.
| Top priority at the moment is making all that kind of stuff work.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/interview-mozilla-bespins-joe-walker

Opera: Single-minded about widget development

,----[ Quote ]
| Jon von Tetzchner is the chief executive of the Norwegian browser company
| Opera. Although Opera first became known for its desktop product, the company
| has also become well known for its Opera Mini handset-based web browser.
|
| Opera has become heavily involved in the development of standards for widgets
| — the lightweight, web-based applications that are starting to become
| prevalent on new handsets. It has also been working hard on the development
| of HTML 5, which has more built-in rich media functionality than the current
| version of the web standard.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39654947,00.htm

Opera CEO says hopes firm stays independent

,----[ Quote ]
| Focus of the wireless industry has shifted to software development and
| Internet access after Apple and Google entered the industry -- leading to
| analysts speculating that Opera was a potential takeover target.
|
| When asked whether he sees Opera as an independent company in five years'
| time, he said: "Hopefully. If we would be bought by someone it would probably
| very much limit our ability to play the role that we play."
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE54K2C720090521

Recent:

Leading Voices - Michael Tiemann, Vice President of Open Source Affairs at Red
Hat

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/related_reports/business_solutions/article6318567.ece