Re: [News] Typical Microsoft Uninterested in Interoperability

On 2009-05-21, Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <j9kRl.430$Xl4.152@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
>>   this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>> > In OOXML, the standard would tell us to use a SpaceLikeWordPerfect
>> > attribute (not the real name--I don't have a copy of the spec with me to
>> > look up the actual name).
>>
>> Ye gods, that would be a focked standard!
>
> So you think it is better if everyone who decides to import old
> WordPerfect documents makes up their own names to mark that data?

    That's pretty much what you're doing right there.

    If you can't translate the data into some format that is completely
independent of a particular brand or version of product then you haven't
really defined anything. That behavior is still vague and open to
interpretation.

--
    Apple: Because the world doesn't have enough peasants.            |||
                                                                     / | \